Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Years Day

What did I do new years day? I spent it sleeping in, then putting away boxes of wrapping paper and holiday decorations. Then I played the last and best hours of Mass Effect, until 1:30am. I am not a big console gamer, but I am a sucker for a good choose-your-own-adventure game. That was tremendous fun. The last time I enjoyed a game that much was Planescape: Torment. Funny enough, it was made by the same people. Thank you to the entire studio for making a very entertaining, dramatic, and in depth game.

If only school could be as much fun as video games, I think our kids would be a lot smart and more involved in the learning process. I spent many hours reading the codex and planet informational blurbs in Mass Effect. Besides being entertaining, all of it completely useless for every day life. But like a good book, I could focus on nothing else.

And like Planescape: Torment, it has great replayability, you want to play the full Renegade character, then Paragon, chose different love interests, and different responses. But I'm done with it for a while, I didn't do much else all week and need some time away from the TV.

Now I have to scream through Something Wicked This Way Comes for the bookclub tomorrow.

No comments: